BIG NEWS: Doors to the Insiders Club are open! Join now at the special (re)launch price of $14.97 and lock in that rate for as long as you are a member! But don't wait: The price will go up on October 1st, 2020.
Would you like to join the Nordic Design team? We have many projects in the pipeline, and we need additional brains, hands and hearts to help make it all happen.
We are looking for contributors and a digital marketing/communications assistant to join our team. These are both part-time and remote positions, with a flexible work schedule. Here are the details…
Digital Marketing/Communications Assistant
Nordic Design is a media company built around our award-wining site. I am looking for somebody with a hands-on mentality and who is willing to take on a variety of tasks to help our online platform grow. Within this position, you will gain a diverse working experience, with the opportunity to put on many hats and handle a variety of responsibilities. You will work closely with me to develop the brand and bring ideas to life.
Here are a few tasks you may have to execute:
- Share social media content
- Update website content
- Help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Research prospective clients and build a list of leads
- Prepare and send out email campaigns and newsletters
- Brainstorm creative ideas for new campaigns to strengthen the image of Nordic Design
- Help create ebooks and other promotional materials
- Monitor the blog and campaign performance
- Assist in other marketing & sales efforts as required
Over time, we will be able to tailor your job based on your skill set and interests.
I am hoping to find somebody that is passionate and dedicated, and who will feel accountable for the brand. The ideal person is:
- Well-organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- A curious and quick learner who is eager to grow
- Creative and collaborative, and able to convey ideas
- Proficient in English
- Able to work autonomously, to be decisive and to take initiative
Specific experience or education is not required, but the following would be nice (note: If you come from a totally different background but believe you would do a terrific job at helping me grow Nordic Design, by all means, please do apply!):
- Online publishing
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Data entry
- Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Photoshop
- Bonus: Aesthetic sensibility, a passion for interiors and design and/or an understanding of Nordic Design’s brand image and positioning
We have a virtual team, meaning you can apply no matter where you are in the world as long as you have access to a computer and a good Internet connection. Approximately 10 hrs/week will be required to start off with, with the possibility to clock more hours eventually. Compensation to be discussed.
Calling all writers, journalists and/or design fans alike! We are searching for weekly and monthly contributors to join the team.
Maybe you have:
- A knack for understanding and explaining what makes a great interior;
- A passion for anything kid-related, always scouting the web for the cutest products, nurseries or playrooms;
- A profound interest in digging deeper into the Scandinavian lifestyle, beyond design;
- A home-based in Scandinavia, able to be our eyes and ears on design-related happenings in your region;
- A love for people and their stories, eager to connect and conduct interviews;
- An expert eye on design, interested in writing about products and how they are made;
- A weakness for anything mid-century modern, and keen to share info about iconic designs and their creators
Maybe you recognized yourself in the list above, or maybe you have other ideas on what you could bring to Nordic Design. But in any case, you have to be curious, creative, collaborative and detail-oriented. You must have strong communication skills and you can write a compelling story in a concise way. You also share our aesthetic sensibility, and have a passion for interiors, design and/or the Scandinavian way of life. Knowledge of online publishing, WordPress, SEO and Photoshop or Canva is a bonus.
We want long-term contributors who will add value to Nordic Design. We ask that you commit to a minimum of one article a month through 2019.
Compensation per article to be discussed based on experience, content type, etc.
When applying for this position, please send 2-3 topic ideas you have, with a brief description.
If you are interested, please email [email protected] with a CV and a link to your online presence (Instagram, Linked In, etc.) or portfolio, if possible. Also tell us why you would like to work with us and what you could bring to Nordic Design. Your subject line should indicate which position you are applying for.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you so much for your time, and we very much look forward to hearing from you!
Photos: Emily Laye