- Nordic Design collects personal information:
- To promote our services and content to you and others.
- To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by our sponsors, partners and clients.
- To communicate with our subscribers about their accounts if needed.
- To meet legal requirements including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements..
- Nordic Design does not take any liability in any form for mistakes, omissions or errors given by the user.
- Nordic Design treats your privacy very seriously and your details will be kept and saved in a secure database and will not be shared with third parties unless the third party needs your address to send a giveaway prize to you.
- You are always free to unsubscribe to the Nordic Design newsletters at any given time and to modify your preferences. Your personal information can also be deleted upon your request at any time.
- Individuals may request to access, correct, amend or delete the information we hold about them by contacting us at info (@) nordicdesign.ca. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual, either you (our user) or a Subscriber, at your or their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Information.
- We collect:
- Web beacons: We use web beacons in our emails. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve. To do this, we include single-pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by email at services (@) nordicdesign.ca.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Updated June 6, 2022