After several years with the old design, I happily relaunched the Nordic Design website and visual identity two weeks ago – Yay!
I felt it was time for a change, as the brand needed to be modernized and to truly reflect my ambition to be your guide to a stylish life inspired by the Nordics. It took months of planning, concepting, designing and testing. When the new website started to come together pretty nicely, I thought: While we’re at it, why not revamp the logo as well? A few more weeks of work later, I was ready to finally reveal the results. And here we are today!
Here’s a summary of the changes:
– I am very excited about the new look of Nordic Design. It is more modern and fresh. The selected fonts are stylish and complementary, slightly bigger and easier to read. I’ve worked in collaboration with talented graphic designer Marjorie Cormier, who was very patient and understanding.
– My goal was to offer an enhanced visual experience – Bigger images, and more of them!
– The home page layout can be transformed with different blocks of content: List or grid format, single post view, videos, galleries of thumbnails, etc.
– The slider is now sleeker, and always showing the most recent article as well as a few others from my archive.
– As I receive daily requests on where to find home accessories featured in my articles, I included a carousel of products allowing you to easily shop and get the look. These will be updated regularly. I will also soon open a shop with my favourite selection from around the web.
– A major development I was very much looking forward to: Better responsiveness across devices, screen sizes and browser windows, so you can enjoy Nordic Design no matter how you’re viewing it.
– I’ve also created an inspiration gallery showcasing the best interior pictures organized by categories – It is like a mini Pinterest for Scandinavian-inspired bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, etc. It’s taking some time to classify all images from the site into the gallery, but more and more are added each week.
– You now also have access to my selection of videos about Scandinavian design, architecture, interiors and lifestyle.
– More interesting new collaborations, extra content, pages and sections will be added in the upcoming months!
I hope you are enjoying the new site and are on board with the new visual identity. To me, it was a welcomed breath of fresh air, and I would very much like to hear your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or write me an email.
If you encounter problems with the site, let me know and I’ll get right on it. Please bear with me over the next days/weeks as I’m still working out some details, bugs and fixes.
Photo: Catherine Lazure-Guinard