The longer I look at this lovely apartment in Sweden, the more I love it. It reflects the personality of its residents, with a unique sense of style, and it feels authentic, liveable and welcoming. The décor is well-curated but unpretentious and eclectic, with a great mix of styles and eras. The numerous vintage pieces in the home give a nostalgic vibe to the place, but the look is updated and modern.
A home is something that is made and that tells a story, and here is a fantastic example.
Here is some advice to turn a house into a home:
- Plants and flowers add a fresh touch to any room. Greenery instantly injects life into your home.
- A curated art collection make visitors want to ask the story being each piece. It is also great way to show your sense of style and personality.
- Adding mirrors, especially antiques or one with an interesting shape, is one of the easiest tricks in the book to change the look of a space. Plus it will enhance your home’s natural lighting and make it feel brighter almost instantly.
- Display your collection(s) – Books, figurines, pots, cups… If they bring you joy, show ’em!
- Create a stylish and cozy nook with a comfortable chair, a reading light, a soft rug, throw… Something that invites you to relax.
- Lighting is key when creating a good atmosphere in a home. So add a lot of different light sources, and not only functional, but decorative, too. No need to break the bank either: A simple, inexpensive IKEA lamp can quickly make a different for a softer, warmer ambience.
- Embrace imperfections – Patina, creases, dents… All signs of a real, soulful home.
If you’d like to receive some of our best design news straight to your inbox, join the ND newsletter!
Got a decor inspiration board? Pin this for later:
P.S Looking for the best gift ideas? Have a look at our 2019 guide for design lovers!