Another day, another great Scandinavian home! And just like yesterday, I am showing you a beautiful and small apartment that is big on style. I really enjoyed virtually touring this place, and I am sure you will too.
Here are five things to notice in this lovely home and why it works:
- The effortless mix of of high and low design. Here designer chairs and lamps are combined with more affordable furniture and decorative accents from IKEA. This is a great way to make a home look stylish and personal. I personally recommend splurging on a few distinctive items that make a statement which you’ll likely keep for a long time, while shopping on the high-street for accessories that are trendy e.g. if you must have a trend-based, seasonal items.
- Unexpected touches, like the pink pendant above the dining table or the unique combination or prints, also add lots of personality and character.
- Lots of textures – Mixing accents like rugs, throws, or accent cushions in different materials is the easiest way to make a room feel interesting and alive. Make sure there is enough contrast between shiny, matt, light, dark, distressed, and polished.
- Most doors were removed, making the place feel more spacious and airy.
- To help natural light flow into the space, a window was added on the wall between the bedroom and the kitchen.
Get the look
Here are items I spot in this home:
- Wall lamps by DCW Editions
- Flowerpot lamp in pink
- In Between SK1 chair by &Tradition
- VITTSJÖ TV bench in white
- Saarinen dining table by Knoll
- Aalto dining chairs by Artek
- Pedrera coffee table by Gubi
- Mantis floor lamp by DCW Editions
- Lato side table by &Tradition
- Braided jute rug like this one
- Fiber armchair by Muuto
- Karlstad sofa with a slipcover with a linen blend like this one
- Bed set by Midnatt
- For similar prints, have a look at Wall of Art or The Poster Club
If you’d like to receive some of our best design news straight to your inbox, join the ND newsletter!
Styling: Annica Clarmell
Got a decor inspiration board? Pin this for later:
P.S. I will launch my latest collection of original paintings very soon! If you'd like to find out more, get on my waitlist and I’ll send you a sneak peek soon.