Announcement: Doors to the Insiders Club will open again soon! Get on the waitlist to be notified of our next enrollment period and to be eligible for special launch bonuses. For more info on all the perks of becoming a member, click here.
A muted, neutral interior with a restrained palette is usually my go-to look. I don’t know if it is the current world crisis or simply the rain that keeps pouring down, but I’ve been seeking colors and patterns more than ever before – Something joyful, perhaps a little bolder than what I am used to, to uplift the spirits.
But that is not entirely surprising. Colors have a tremendous impact on our mood and can instantly refresh any decor. And little goes a long way, just a pop will do and provide an unexpected, cheerful touch.
Soft blue, misty green, rose, mustard…. Spring colors look fantastic against white walls and, in small doses, a great way for the color shy person (like myself) to experiment with a brighter style.
Inspired? I’ve gathered a few of my favorite, joyful Scandinavian designs that are easy to incorporate into any decor. Because sometimes, all you need is a splash of colors!
Find them here:
1. Teem tableware in light blue from Iittala
2. Circus pouf in powder from Normann Copenhagen
3. Aalto chair 69 in green from Artek
4. Plant box in rose by Ferm Living
5. Sunnuntai plate from Arabia
6. Kastehelmi votive in salmon from Iittala
7. Curve hook in misty green from Normann Copenhagen
8. Pieni Unikko tea towel in beige, off-white and blue from Marimekko
9. Em77 vacuum jug in Cloud by Stelton
10. Series 7 children’s chair in blue from Fritz Hansen
11. Bottle grinder in nudes from Menu
12. Pieni Primavera cushion cover from Marimekko
13. Oiva Rosarium mug from Iittala
14. Work bookcase in light blue from Normann Copenhagen
15. Flowerpot VP1 pendant in mustard by &Tradition
16. Elevated vase in grey from Muuto
17. Colour crate in light yellow from Hay
18. Flare candle holder in pink from Hay
Top photo: via Finnish Design Shop
Note: This article is brought to you in collaboration with Finnish Design Shop, a preferred partner for sourcing Scandinavian design.