I recently asked some of you dear readers to answer a survey about your home. The great majority of respondents shared that the lack of storage was an issue on a daily basis. And believe me, with a house in constant renovation and with a spirited toddler, I share the struggle!
So I made it my personal mission today to create a comprehensive guide to help keep your place (and mine) more organized. You’ll find a selection of simple yet thoughtfully designed products, from lidded jars and baskets to wall hooks and coat hangers. There is something for all around the house and for every budget. I also added a selection of cute items for kids rooms.
And before you jump right in there, I thought this I’d share this nice little quote: “For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.” – Benjamin Franklin
Small containers with lid
1. Glass container by Hay, $20 | 2. Vitriini glass jar by Iittala, $39 | 3. Bits & Bobs container by Hay, $15 | 4. Geo jar by Normann Copenhagen, $12 | 5. White jar by Skagerak, $49 | 6. Buckle jar by Ferm Living, $45 | 7. Ostrich pot from By On, $22 | 8. Cylindrical container by Menu, $49 | 9. Brass Peak bonbonniere by Stelton, $69 | 10. Porcelain bonbonniere by Lyngby Porcelain, $78 | 11. Terazzo jar by HK Living, $23 | 12. Hammershøi container by Kähler, $55
Storage baskets and bags
13. Storage basket by Ernst, $32 | 14. Seagrass basket by Bloomingville, $42 | 15. Felt bag by Meno, $48 | 16. Birch tool box by Verso, $90 | 17. Rattan basket by AYTM, $70 | 18. Handmade wire basket by Korbo, $129 | 19. Brass wire basket by Ferm Living, $105 | 20. Felt basket by Muuto, $105 | 21. Big Mama fabric basket by Mum’s, $83 | 22. Cotton bag by Menu, $149 | 23. Plastic basket by Hay, $30 | 24. Birch basket by Verso, $102
Wall hooks and hangers
25. Set of 5 wooden hooks by Muuto, $124 | 26. Small brass hook by Ferm Living, $21 | 27. Set of 2 hooks by Normann Copenhagen, $26 | 28. Blown glass hook by Petite Friture, $110 | 29. Natural ash hook by Hay, $89 | 30. Set of 3 painted wooden hooks by Hay, $45 | 31. Black and brass wall hook by Ferm Living, $27 | 32. Afteroom coat hanger by Menu, $129 | 33. Birch and brass hook by Skagerak, $41 | 34. Set of 2 wall hooks by Moebe, $19 | 35. Peg rack with 4 hooks by Iris Hantverk, $21 | 36. Curve hook by Normann Copenhagen, $28
Storage boxes with lid
37. Frame box from By Lassen, $92 | 38. Painted pine wood box by Lundia, $147 | 39. Set of 2 floral storage boxes by House Doctor, $53 | 40. Set of 3 cardboard boxes with metallic foil by Normann Copenhagen, $50 | 41. Birch box by Verso Design, $206 | 42. Stackable wooden box by Iittala, $262 | 43. Leather boxes by August Sandgren, starting at $218 | 44. Oval-shaped wooden box by HK Living, $72 | 45. Suede box by Nordstjerne, $56 | 46. Wooden box with marble lid by Nordstjerne, $105 | 47. Set of 4 cardboard boxes by Hay, $49 | 48. Velour box by Normann Copenhagen, $33
Cute storage ideas for kids rooms
49. Apple basket with lid by HM Home, $35 | 50. Crate by Hay, $12 | 51. Tiger storage bag by Ferm Living, $35 | 52. Lego storage brick by Room Copenhagen, $36 | 53. Striped storage box by Oyoy Mini, $25 | 54. Pocket wall organizer by Normann Copenhagen, $18 | 55. Rabbit storage box by Ferm Living, $73 | 56. Bear hook by Oyoy Mini, $16 | 57. Plywood mini chest of drawers by HM Home, $30 | 58. Set of 2 raindrop-shaped hooks by Normann Copenhagen, $36 | 59. Pear braided basket by Ferm Living, $134 | 60. Wall organizer by HM Home, $15
If you’d like to see more, I previously made a post featuring 18 of the best magazine racks to help you keep your home and office organized, too.
I hope you enjoyed these selections!
Photo at the top: Coco Lapine Design, with thanks
This article contains affiliate links. They help us generate some revenue to fund our business operations, allowing us to be less dependant on branded content or banner ads. We only link to products we truly love and genuinely recommend.