With autumn around the corner, it is time to create a cozy space to get through the colder and darker days ahead. As I was browsing around for some inspiration, I came across this perfectly styled, tone on tone apartment in Sweden. With its pared-back look and quintessential hygge appeal, this place has a soft, inviting and serene atmosphere, with a minimal touch – It is beautiful!
I’m taking a page out of the Scandinavian design handbook, and sharing with you 7 tips to help you recreate this look and strike a balance between comfort and chic factor:
- It’s all about light. Find ways to maximize the natural light, whether it is by using sheer curtains, painting your walls a warm white, or placing mirrors strategically around the room.
- Play with neutral, earthy shades that can be found in nature.
- Break up the monotony by layering textures like sheepskin thrown, washed linen, knitted blankets, etc. all in similar tones.
- Opt for natural materials such as wood, leather, stone, cotton and wool to add interest and instant coziness.
- Ditch the clutter – Only keep things that serve a purpose or bring you joy.
- Make the space look lived-in, inviting and personal by decorating with plants and flowers, art, travel souvenirs, mementos, vintage finds, etc. Embrace the creased bedding and tablecloth.
- Keep it simple. Be mindful of the pieces you own, and create a space that works for you and your lifestyle.
Got a décor inspiration board? Pin this for later: