The year 2020 will be all about Classic Blue, according to Pantone, a “timeless and enduring blue hue elegant in its simplicity.” The American company makes its annual choice based on orecasting research, looking at global influences, culture and trends. “We are living in a time that requires trust and faith,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “It is this kind of constancy and confidence that is expressed by Pantone 19-4052 Classic Blue, a solid and dependable blue hue we can always rely on.”
It is a bold shade that is said to bring a sense of peace and tranquility. “Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the treshold into a new era.”
Should you jump on the bandwagon just because Pantone said so? No. Could you add touches of blue into your interior because you like the look of it and/or want to try something different than your usual, “safe” black-and-white color scheme? Of course! And, why not?
It is nice to shuffle things around the house occasionally, to refresh our décor. Adding colors is an easy way to do so, whether it is by painting a statement wall or simply by adding a new vase or a throw. If you choose the latter, remember to be mindful and intentional about what you buy. Aim for something that is 1) functional, 2) well-made and 3) beautiful – The key to purchases that will endure the test of time, despite trends that come and go.
To help you out, we’ve rounded up a few furniture and home accessories in a beautiful, joyful cobalt blue hue. Here they are:
Find them here:
- Wool blanket from Skagerak
- Kaleido tray from Hay
- Day wall clock from Normann Copenhagen
- E27 LED socket lamp from Muuto
- Secant coffee table from Warm Nordic
- Floral wallpaper by Birger Kaipiainen
- Oiva plate from Marimekko
- Porcelain bowl from Royal Copenhagen
- Gio pendant lamp from Artemide
- Riihitie ceramic planter from Artek
- Print by Henri Matisse from Rosenstiels
- Frotte towel by Hay
- Mouth blown glass bird by Oiva Toikka
- Scented candle from Skandinavisk
- Week-end bench by Petite Friture
- Result chair from Hay
- FL/Y pendant lamp from Kartell
- Slurp porcelain cups by Studio Arhoj
Read more about Pantone’s Color of the Year 2020 here.
If beige is more your things, we’ve got this roundup you might enjoy!