Adding cushions is an easy and (usually) affordable way to transform the mood and elevate the décor of any room. The versatile home accessory is a favourite of many interior designers and stylists; It pulls the look of the room together, while effortlessly delivering a pop of colors and textures. Plus, they can be swapped around to instantly (re)decorate.
Printed or embroidered cushions are a bit hit right now, especially those with vibrant and playful patterns – They make quite a decorative impact and display character. The key to make it work is to pick one with a color that already exists in your space; so go for hues that are complementary rather than contrasting. If you combine pillows, they should also complement each other. You can mix and match patterns in similar colors for a collected look, or in bold shades for a lively style. Playing with the scale of the print also adds interest.
Here are 18 fantastic patterned cushions from great Scandinavian homeware brands to inject personality into any space.
All source after the jump.
Psst: Join our decorating club and its growing community of design lovers from around the world. Become an Insider today!
Find them here:
- Embroidered cushion Grey matter by HAY
- Flower in rust by Ferm LIVING
- Pleat in rust by Ferm LIVING
- Notturno linen cushion by Svenskt Tenn
- Mosaic cushion in green by Ferm Living
- Printed cushion RW by HAY
- Unikko cushion by Marimekko
- Tanssi cushion by Iittala
- Brittamaj cushion by Marimekko
- Baranquilla cushion by Svenskt Tenn
- Flower cushion by Ferm LIVING
- Zodiaken cushion by Svenskt Tenn
- Ice cushion by HAY
- Rabbit cushion by Klaus Haapaniemi
- Orvokki yellow cushion by Kauniste
- Ojakellukka cushion by Marimekko
- Yö metsässä pillow by Saana ja Olli
- Flamingo cushion by Ferm LIVING
Photo in top banner: Ferm LIVING