I just came across this stylish dining room by Sundling Kickén, the rising Swedish design duo. The style is uncomplicated and simple, yet refined, with a minimal, pared down palette of black and whites, with accents in shades of beige to warm up the look. A few reflective surfaces – glass and stainless steel – add interest, and so does the textured artwork by Anette Hallback. A serene vibe emanates from this room.
My eyes were browsing each and every details… and I realized this is a style that can easily be recreated at home. So I’ve made a list of items that can help you achieve this lovely interior.
All source after the jump.
- Bottle neck vase, Aufora
- My Residence magazine
- Handmade ceramic plates, Skandihus
- Artwork, Anette Hallback
- Wishbone chair, Carl Hansen
- Atollo glass lamp, Oluce
- Kraft paper box, Paperchase
- Flora stainless steel vase, Georg Jensen
- Book, Kinfolk Home
- Collection bowl by Alvar Aalto, Iittala
- Eket cabinet, Ikea
- Candlesticks, Ikea
- Book, ‘Picasso Scuplture’ (2015), MoMA
- Thrown Raku tea bowl, Anne Junsjö
- Glass paperweight, & Other Stories
- Table, Kartell
- Notebook, Paperchase
- Small footed bowl, Sophie Conran
Styling: Sundling Kickén
Photo: Osman Tahir
* Disclaimer: This post contains a few affiliate links, meaning that I might make a dollar or two if you decide to purcahse the item.