I recently spotted this lovely Stockholm apartment staged for sale, and I found this look to be effortlessly chic – Polished, but not precious. The longer I gazed at the pictures, the more I noticed styling tricks and elements that contribute to making a space feel elevated without breaking the bank.
Here are a few ideas to steal:
- Go grey -Grey is the perfect neutral: It makes all other colors look great. On walls, it is decidedly more dramatic and moody than a crisp white, but it instantly adds an elegant flair. There is something about grey that I find so calming, too.
- Rich and touchable textures – Velvet upholstery will transform a simple couch from blah to awe, and a soft sheepskin throw is a must-have for a Scandi chic style.
- Sculptural lamps – You don’t need to splurge to create an impact. Sure, Petite Friture’s Vertigo* is not for every budgets, but the large paper pendant* in the living room is only $50 and is a great statement-making piece. Plus: Once lit, the glow adds to the serene and collected vibe.
- Large artwork – For visual interest, a focal point and a wow factor, nothing beats an oversized piece of art. And no need to spend all your savings when shops like Minted*, Opposite Wall or Desenio offer so many beautiful and affordable options.
- Simplified styling – Declutter, curate, and decorate with intent. Extra points if the look is cohesive throughout your home; this can easily be achieved with a consistent color story/palette.
- Trendy details – While I am more in favor of a timeless interior, I think it is nice to refresh your décor with a few ‘it’ accessories. For instance, dried pampas grass* is all the rage, and so are pedestals -anything it supports turns into a sculpture- and sleek, minimal hand soap bottles from Byredo*, Aesop* or Frama.
What do you do to add a little luxury to your home?
For more inspiring interiors, check out my Image Gallery.
Need help giving your home a Scandinavian makeover? Check out the Nordic Design Studio for e-decor and interior consulting.
Photos: Nomad Mäkleri
Affiliate links marked with *
Got a décor inspiration board? Pin this for later:
P.S. I will launch my latest collection of original paintings very soon! If you'd like to find out more, get on my waitlist and I’ll send you a sneak peek soon.