Announcement: Doors to the Insiders Club will open again soon! Get on the waitlist to be notified of our next enrollment period and to be eligible for special launch bonuses. For more info on all the perks of becoming a member, click here.
I recently spotted this lovely Stockholm apartment staged for sale, and I found this look to be effortlessly chic – Polished, but not precious. The longer I gazed at the pictures, the more I noticed styling tricks and elements that contribute to making a space feel elevated without breaking the bank.
Here are a few ideas to steal:
- Go grey -Grey is the perfect neutral: It makes all other colors look great. On walls, it is decidedly more dramatic and moody than a crisp white, but it instantly adds an elegant flair. There is something about grey that I find so calming, too.
- Rich and touchable textures – Velvet upholstery will transform a simple couch from blah to awe, and a soft sheepskin throw is a must-have for a Scandi chic style.
- Sculptural lamps – You don’t need to splurge to create an impact. Sure, Petite Friture’s Vertigo* is not for every budgets, but the large paper pendant* in the living room is only $50 and is a great statement-making piece. Plus: Once lit, the glow adds to the serene and collected vibe.
- Large artwork – For visual interest, a focal point and a wow factor, nothing beats an oversized piece of art. And no need to spend all your savings when shops like Minted*, Opposite Wall or Desenio offer so many beautiful and affordable options.
- Simplified styling – Declutter, curate, and decorate with intent. Extra points if the look is cohesive throughout your home; this can easily be achieved with a consistent color story/palette.
- Trendy details – While I am more in favor of a timeless interior, I think it is nice to refresh your décor with a few ‘it’ accessories. For instance, dried pampas grass* is all the rage, and so are pedestals -anything it supports turns into a sculpture- and sleek, minimal hand soap bottles from Byredo*, Aesop* or Frama.
What do you do to add a little luxury to your home?
For more inspiring interiors, check out my Image Gallery.
Need help giving your home a Scandinavian makeover? Check out the Nordic Design Studio for e-decor and interior consulting.
Photos: Nomad Mäkleri
Affiliate links marked with *
Got a décor inspiration board? Pin this for later: