I am pleased to introduce you to our new and improved website! For the last three years, we’ve had a simple, sleek and unconventional blog layout. But I realized times are changing, and a new design for Nordic Design is a great fresh start.
Making the best use of existing content was very important. I realized that we published close to a thousand posts in the last three years, and most of the content was still relevant and interesting. I wanted to give you an easy access to all timeless interiors, beautiful home accessories, and great design classics, among other, we’ve featured on Nordic Design. The new home page layout is more magazine-like, allowing you to explore and enjoy much more content than before.
It was also key to make sure attractive visuals would still be prominent throughout the site. The goal was to maintain the design elements from the former site to stay true to our brand, while adding functionality.
A few changes were made, and here’s what you need to know.
- A navigation menu was added, making it much easier to browse through categories and to search across the site.
- The latest post is highlighted in the top banner. You can also click on “Recent Posts” to see all articles in a chronological order.
- There are also clearly defined sections, which may vary over time depending on what post categories we might want to highlight (ex. giveaways, a holiday theme, interviews, exclusive news, etc.).
- The numerous pictures enable you to quickly scan and see what interests you most. Simply click through on the image or title to read the full post.
- When looking at the posts within a category, you can switch to a grid- or list view, to suit your preference.
- The new site is now responsive so that you can enjoy it across a wide range of devices from smartphones to desktop computers.
Changing the website is a work in progress. I want to make sure it is optimized for you, dear reader, and I hope you’ll enjoy browsing around. If something isn’t working properly or you want to give some feedback, drop an email over to [email protected] or visit our contact page. The more feedback you offer, the better we can make the site for you.